Friday, September 30, 2011

Here we go again

Well... it's back.

Cancer has returned in 4 places in the abdomen and one area in the right chest wall. We have decided to spend the rest of my life (prognosis now is 1-3 years) going back and forth to MD Anderson in Houston. Remission is no longer a possibility, Dr, Frumovitz, my Dr. at MDA says we have to look at this cancer like a diabetic would diabetes. We maintain it, keep it in check as much as possible and pray that it doesn't grow or spread any more and shoot for the 3 year mark.
I'm numb!!! I need to wrap my head and thoughts around this. I start chemo again on Oct. 4th in Houston. I was really getting used to having hair and eyelashes!!!
I thought third time was a charm, who said anything about FOUR????
Keep me in your prayers, Tim needs lots of them, he has done well with this but I hope God can lift him up and give him a little more strength.

1 comment:

  1. Kathi, I read your blog from the beginning, I laughed and cried through it, ask Glenn(he was bringing me the tissue)This is where you desperately wish you had some wise words to say to make this seem easier or go away, I'm so fumbling,I can't find any at the moment. But I can say this.....You are truly my hero, your spirit is inspiring and I wish to be more like you when I grow up and I love you....Breezy

    ReplyDelete