Thursday, October 27, 2011

AT LAST! Chemo!

Finally! Tuesday I was able to do my chemo. Strange isn't it? To hope and pray for the chance to put poison in my body. What a paradox, without chemo, I feel "NORMAL" except that the cancer rages through my body. With chemo, we halt the progression of cancer but I feel like crap, what an absolutely ridiculous circle! I have finally accepted the fact that this time it is terminal. NO.no, no I have not thrown in the towel, so all of you grabbing for your phones, put them down, I'm still fighting this with all my might but I am also being pragmatic, I am well aware of what the outcome may be, what I"m trying to say is that I am at peace with whatever God's choice is. I only have one contentious area in my life that I wish I could resolve, but the two people involved can't seem to come to an understanding and put the past and their differences behind them, I pray everyday that they will resolve this before God calls me home.


$5,000 for this?!
The chemo went OK, I felt terrible the first night, but yesterday was better and Tim gave me my Neulasta shot last night. Can you believe $5,000 for one injection? Amazing!! No gold filagree, no rubies or diamonds encrusting the case, what a steal! Anyway, I hope it makes me feel better, it is supposed to boost my bone marrow production, thereby lessoning the chance of infections setting in, it is made from E-coli bacteria which  is a little disconcerting.
Overall, I actually feel pretty good and I hope to fly a least one trip in a few days, keep your fingers crossed.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment