Wednesday, September 8, 2010

NO CHEMO THIS WEEK!

WELL, my WBC counts doubled since Friday to 1400+, BUT, my hemoglobin and platelets were very low. So instead of getting chemo I got two units of blood! I knew I was tired but I didn't realize I was so anemic AND tired. I did get good news though, because I opted out of the clinical trial, I will get both of the chemo drugs in one day next week. I will then have three weeks off and go back for the same two chemo drugs given in one day. That day will be the last day for chemo!! Whoop, whoop, woohoo, woohoo! There is light at the end of my tunnel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
While I was disappointed not to get chemo yesterday, I do need the breather before getting the last doses of chemo next week and again in three weeks. After the last rounds of chemo, I will be able to rest and get them out of my system over a 4 week period and conceivably, I could be back flying by the first week in November! It's a plan, now I have to execute it! Fingers crossed, prayers offered up.

1 comment:

  1. whoop whoop to just one chemo left! we miss you....loads are reasonable for a minute or two...and AIRTRAN!!!! we are ready and waiting to see your tall self in here again. luv, susan sager 74604

    ReplyDelete