Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Crashing, need to rest!
Went up to Little Rock yesterday to begin the second round of chemo. The picture at left was yesterday, eyes may be tired but the smile is still there. Had to meet with Dr Stone first but she was longer in OR than expected, so we started chemo 2 hours late. Since we added the new experimental drug, Avastin as well as the usual Paclitaxol, we were at the clinic until 6:30 last night. By the time we got to the hotel, Tim and I were both dog tired. Back to the clinic this morning at 10:00 and left at 3:00. This chemo (Cisplatin) today is the booger bear that puts 4 liters of fluid into my body, 2 liters straight into my abdomen. I have to jog to the restroom with my IV pole, legs crossed, get my drawers off and measure my urine output  without losing it all on the bathroom floor, It's really difficult to do, I feel like a bad magician! I have to do this to make sure this stuff is not toxifying my kidneys and that they continue to function properly. Apparently they are doing grand, thanks for asking!!! I swear I look like a six - seven month pregnant cockroach! DON'T ask me why that comparison, it just popped into my chemo brain, what can I say. Tim says I look like I've been fooling around with Neptune and that I'm going to pop out a water baby. Told you, we were both tired and getting punchy! I am including a picture of some of the IV fluids (yes, there were more than what you see) that went in today and also a picture of the "pregnant cockroach right before I got in the truck to come home Tim really needs to install a commode in this wonder truck!!.

I am sliding into yucky land pretty quick, entire abdomen is sore and full from the pressure of the fluid, it feels like someone is sitting on my chest (I can't get comfortable, sitting, lying down or standing up), the catch in my side has come back, the fuzz dog sitting on my tongue is creeping into my mouth, nausea is camping out at the back of my throat just teasing me terribly and I'm really, really tired. One big plus, I don't know if I mentioned it previously, but since my hysterectomy on May 17th, Tim has had to give me Lovenox injections (a blood thinner to guard against clots) in my belly every night.We have two more, tonight and tomorrow night and we will be done with that, WOOHOO. Back to a semi-normal bedtime (ain't nothing truly normal anymore, but I keep hoping!!!!!) God's plan, God's plan (I keep telling myself, he has a plan for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment