Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bald is Beautiful?
Yesterday I went with family and friends to Lake Hamilton which is in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I had a ball! It was a beautiful day and we spent it on the lake in an awesome boat. I wanted to get in the lake, but I was concerned about getting the two medi-ports wet, because they haven't completely healed and my blood counts are down a little so I need to be cognizant of infections. My wonderful family and friends came up with a compromise as you can see by the picture of me and my daughter. We floated behind the boat. The water felt great and I didn't get the ports wet, just my butt and my feet! The only yucky part of the day was my prickly and tingly head from the poor little hairs trying to commit suicide and dive off. I thought flying over the lake would get rid of most of them, but no, instead the wind created bald racing stripes! Talk about looking weird, hence, the cool Southwest Airlines baseball cap.
Everyone should be proud, I ate everything put in front and then some. Its almost like my body knows it has to eat a lot to prepare for chemo on Tuesday.  I was one tired puppy when I got home yesterday evening. I barely remember going to bed and my husband said the neighbors set off fireworks and I missed every snap, crackle and pop. This morning when I got up, I had little hairs everywhere, stuck to my face, all over my pillow and still had quite a bit on my prickly head. It amazes me how many hairs are on the human head! SO, I had my husband lather up my head and shave me bald. God love my husband! He apologized for cutting me and I said, " you haven't even started yet", and he said "but I nicked you the first two times so I'm apologizing in advance for this time." Third time is a charm, no nicks, woohoo! Below are the cream and slick shots, bald  may not be normal for me but right now it is beautiful!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment