Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Everything is Relative
I've always been a firm believer in relativity. What is a booger bear for me, may be a cake walk for the next individual or vice versa. More on that and my "profound perspectives" in a moment.
First, my oldest son, Sean who lives in Virginia sent me this picture last night. Never to be outdone, he did a sympathy cut for me. I am amazed by all these good looking guys willing to shave their heads in my honor. You guys rock!
As for my pitiful head, it is prickly and tingly and the little peachy stuff is now coming out, time to get out the shaving cream and say goodbye to the hair for a few months. At least  it is summer and this is a "cool do". The last two times I lost my hair it was fall and winter and oh my gosh, it was cold going out for the newspaper in the morning. I would keep a knit hat by the door to  pull on and keep my head warm.
I've been experiencing painful abdominal cramping the last couple of days and I'm wondering if it is a healing process from the hysterectomy. These pains are in my lower back and abdomen and feel just like menstrual cramps from high school. Deja vu, I'm regressing! The nurses are going to check on it and get back to me and let me know if it is normal, or I've perhaps strained something. What else?
Now, before all of you whip out your cell phones or start punching in a  supportive email, just know that this next bit is just venting on my part. I have a hard time looking in the mirror, the reflection I see, is not me. It truly must be an alien, I don't recognize the face and definitely not the body. Who took my fit, trim somewhat attractive body and left this lumpy, bumpy, albeit skinny shell of skin, bruises and baldness in my house? Yes, yes, I know, I will get back there someday, but right now good grief!!! This is where the relative normality kicks in and I could kick myself in the butt because I  AM alive and I am able to fight this with some strength, some dignity and a whole lot of friends, family and supporters out there. It could be worse, and I know that, but I gotta do a little bit of pity party every now and then!
I

No comments:

Post a Comment