Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Onward!
The doctor called yesterday and said my blood counts were good, so damn the torpedoes,(and this dragging ass of mine) full speed ahead, we are headed to Little Rock for the 3rd toxic cocktail and my first milestone in this nasty process!
Although, somewhat queasy this morning, I actually feel a little more energy. I do need to visit with the nurses and the doctor today about managing the side effects better. This is not my first rodeo or unfortunately, my second so I've become an amateur "expert" as these stupid side effects. If I could just get a couple of them under control, I think my quality of life would be better. What with constant belching, heartburn, muscle aches and pains, tingling in the extremities, and the feeling that someone is sitting on me, the queasiness and the ever present fuzzy tongue feeling  which does not lend itself to healthy eating! Right now I'd settle for the belching and the heartburn relief.
This round of chemo will be through the abdomen, but hopefully not as bad as the Cisplatin was last week. Keep your fingers crossed, we are off to see the wizard!

No comments:

Post a Comment