Friday, June 25, 2010

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!
I am so glad for good days, WOOHOO! This morning had blood work done and my counts are good, so I can eat all sorts of fresh fruits and veggies. When my counts drop I have to be careful because raw uncooked items can harbor bacteria that can bring my counts down even more. So I CAN EAT!
This afternoon was my hair day. Lynn picked me up and took me out to Park Salon, owned by Jerry and Pam Woolery who have been doing my hair for the last few years. We took a bottle of wine to celebrate my hair loss (sometimes you celebrate when you can and what you can). Kevin Cline, a friend of Jerry's was in the shop visiting and on the spur of the moment volunteered to do a "sympathy cut" along with me. How cool is that? So the pictures that follow are the process and the fun that Lynn, Pam, Jerry, Kevin and myself had this afternoon. All of them made this part of my journey not only bearable but to quote Mastercard, "Priceless".


Before                                                                       

  Kevin, What a good sport

Pam  & Jerry with Lynn snapping pictures
                                                                     Always wanted a punk rock haircut!

Finished products

Thanks Guys, you made my day!

3 comments:

  1. I am an acquaintance of Kevin's and by that I mean we have many mutual friends, including Chad Raney who posted a link to your blog on his FaceBook. Kevin is a good man and I applaud his support of you. Kevin Kline, you ROCK!!!!

    Let me just tell you that I think you are more beautiful with your newly shortened hair-do. Wear the 'new hair' proudly. Good luck with your 'fight'. I'll be following.

    P.S. If my head wasn't already shaved (out of choice, not necessity), I'd join Kevin in support of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balding is definitely beautiful on you, Kathi! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you look beautiful, what a radiant smile. I just read all your notes and beleive it or not, you made me smile. You are so unique. Love Suzanne Miss Frenchiexxxxxx

    ReplyDelete