Saturday, June 12, 2010

Today was a NORMAL Saturday, I went grocery shopping this morning with Tim. My daughter, Tiffany came in for the weekend to pamper me. She took me to a shoe store, and a novelty store, we bought lottery tickets(WE WON $30!) and we got our toes done. Check out those toes! Now, you're not supposed to look at the lumps, bumps and callouses just check out the paint job on the toes. My daughter is behind as I'm typing telling me that we earned every one of those lumps, bumps and callouses and that feet are just like life, bumpy, lumpy and full of whatever! She's right, what would we do if we had smooth sailing through our entire lives? We wouldn't be able to appreciate the good things without the bitter taste of the bad.

To be honest, I think I've had my share of bitter, but apparently God has some more tastes tests out there for me. How about a little chocolate, Lord?

I have had  a lot of people call and email me in the last couple of weeks, worrying that I will cave in to this disease and give up, those of you close to me, know that's not my style. I will throw everything I have at this cancer and then chunk some more in that general direction! My goal is to be flying again as soon as my new friend Dr. Stone gives me the go ahead and fly as long as I am able.

Slight change of subject here, but definitely something that's bugging me. With clothes on I don't look too bad, but man oh man I have enough scars and zippers on this six foot body to make the bride of Frankenstein jealous, AND, I get two more incisions on Monday when they put in the port and catheter! Jeez! Oh well, scars are like lumps, bumps and callouses, part of life and apparently a big part of my life.

I'm trying to psych myself up for Monday but it's harder when you know what's coming. This is one time I wish I was going into a new adventure naive and blind.

There is a quote out there somewhere about using up your body, eating chocolate etc. and when you leave this world, WOOHOO you will have had a good time. If anyone out there knows the quote I'm talking about, would you send it to me? I think it needs to be my mantra for this whole abnormal experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment