Monday, June 28, 2010

Energy Zappers
 I am amazed at the small things, the movements the simple chores that will zap your strength so quickly. Vacumning, making a bed, FORGET mopping! We have a small house, I can't imagine trying to vacumn anything larger than this. It would be daunting!
Tim's sister visited over the weekend and is one of the most wonderful, spiritual women I know. She left me several gifts, besides the best being herself and her visit, incuding bible verses to give me thought and comfort. Thank you Frances! I've had many visitors lately and each one brings a special piece to my current puzzle. My sister and her family have been by, my Godmother came by yesterday with a soft warm hug that was comforting. Hugs are good, folks, they tingle right down to your toes! I've always been a hugger.
Last night, my youngest son, Grant came by, laid on the bed next to me and held my hand while we talked. He is in the Marine Corps Reserve and just returned from his summer mountain training in Nevada. He and his company flew Southwest to Reno and back, so a very special thank you to the Dallas based flight attendants who took care of my son and his buddies on both flights. Apparently the guys  were all a little "ripe" on the second flight, so kudos to the flight attendants who handled the smell and gave the guys their best SWA service.
As you can see by the picture of Grant, my very tall Marine, he and I have the same haircut for awhile!
I've never been much of a wig person, more of scarf and hat kinda gal! My mom and I are going to the fabric store to pick out some colors for scarves and when I get back, I will rest, my promise to all of you worry warts!

1 comment:

  1. hi Kathi - you are beautiful, inside and out - you are doing great!! our love, G & B

    ReplyDelete