Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Good Week?
This was supposed to be my good week, but I haven't found my energy yet, I still have a couple of days to find the energizer bunny in me! I start the next cycle of chemo on Monday if my blood counts are OK.  I had a good visit with my kids and my grandchildren. I didn't get all my kids together like I had hoped, but I understand when the military dictates my youngest son's schedule. As you can see by the picture of my grandchildren, they are each a very special character  and I was tickled to see them. Here are Val, Tony and Haley
I think my emotions are out of whack. Of course it could be the chemo, the steroids, the sleep medicine, etc. etc. etc.... or just the fact that I'm battling my third cancer in 10 years.
I was eating a grilled cheese sandwich the other day with my daughter and burst into tears, my fish pond sprung a leak and I lost my two koi and I cried, feeling like I had failed my fish AND it's a good thing the Christmas Maxwell House commercials aren't on, I'd be a blithering idiot!  My husband gives me a hug and the usual "it'll be alright" (that's his typical catch phrase) don't get me wrong, it's a good phrase, but I'm not seeing light at the end of my tunnel yet and there's gotta be a better phrase, a few cuss words, colorful metaphors, whatever!!!! Anyway, my tear ducts have gotten a workout lately and I'm just a little, sob, emotional, sob! ENOUGH already!!!
I've decided that when I sneak a peak in the mirror, I look like a cross between Cousin Festus, Voldemort and Golom. (Hey, you'd cry too!)

I know, I'm being hard on myself, but geez I really look alien! I think some of the problem is my fluctuating weight, I just can't seem to stabilize it. With the fuzzy dog sat on tongue thing my taste buds just aren't recovering like they did the first two cancers. I have cravings for all different foods, and since everything gives me heartburn, it's kinda like what the heck, eat what I can, but nothing tastes the way it's supposed to and my imagination is getting as thin as I am! Needless to say, I'm not eating like I should because NOTHING tastes good. What I would give for a true good tasting grilled cheeseburger! When I finish all of this mess in the fall, look out "all you can eat buffetts" I'm coming your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like I need to come back & take you to Tamaly's or possibly Cold Stone - that would put a few calories your way. Hang in there girl, you are an awesome woman & so strong. When you are feeling down, don't forget to look up. Love you both,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Tiff's friend, Cheryl, and I think you look absolutely beautiful in your picture. You remind me so much of my momma. She was an awesome lady and so are you. I pray for you everyday.

    ReplyDelete