Wednesday, October 13, 2010

THE FOG IS LIFTING!
Still a little fuzzy-tongued, muscles are sore, Neuropathy still an issue, taste not back yet but my tongue is telling me that some of the taste buds are clawing their way to the surface of my tongue, they are craving that all you can eat buffet! (It's coming, guys, it's coming!)
It was a tough weekend but my mind and my body are ready to get on with life, and I'm feeling a little better today. On Monday I had a eye doctor appointment because something was irritating my left eye and was worse when the eye was closed. Come to find out I had two tiny eyelashes that wanted to grow but they were growing in towards the eye and causing an abrasion. So, the doctor pulled the two little guys and I felt instant relief, but now I'm down two more eyelashes, geez! Oh well, at some point I will have eyebrows and eyelashes again. Yesterday I was laying down reading when the front doorbell rang. As I approached the door I good see a gentleman in a shirt and tie through my screen door and knew immediately he was a politician (they have a certain look and air about them). As I walked up he said, "Good afternoon sir, I'm so & so and I'm running for mayor and I'd like to visit with you." I replied," I'm not a sir." He said, "Oh well, can I leave this brochure with you?" I nodded with a wry smile took the brochure and closed my door. Poor guy, he won't even get a second thought because he failed the apology test! So, I apparently on my worst day look like a hairless bald man! GREAT!!!
On to lighter notes, the Texarkana Race for the Cure is this Saturday and I will be there (Not running or even walking yet) but I will be there. Anyone in Texarkana who is out there and sees me, give me a hug, or a high five or even a whopping big smile, I'll take them all!
The weather has been a blessing the last two weeks with a soft continuous rain on Monday that perked up all my plants. I love the fall and am so thankful to have finished my chemotherapy in time to enjoy it. Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment