Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hump Days
Isn't it funny, or at least I think it is, that when you go through an unusual time in your life, the days of the week all seem to blend into one big blob of a day. I lose track of days of the week, and weekends are a blur, I just want to get through to the next chemo cycle. So, when I have a cognizant moment and realize that this is a Wednesday and it's hump day for so many working people out there, it seems a little strange. Happy Hump Day!!
I have been sleeping a lot lately, and a good friend told me my body is letting me know I need the sleep. I'm sure she has a point, but I feel like I'm sleeping my life away (isn't that a song?) , of course, low blood counts are a contributing factor. My blood counts last Friday were the lowest yet, so I have been sleeping, resting, trying to stay away from crowds, not eating fresh veggies or fruit or undercooked meats (no real threat there). I CAN taste things right now, which is a good thing! My doctor prescribed "Miles Miracle Mouthwash" to help with my mouth sores. Believe me, it sounds better than it tastes, but it has helped the raw areas of my mouth and the sensitive tongue thingy I keep getting. The mouthwash has lidocaine in it and I  swish and swallow 4 times a day. With the lidocaine, I end up with a numb mouth, but only sometimes, kind of weird!  Beats the heck out of mouth sores! I also have a sinus infection, so I'm taking antibiotics for that. On the whole, I actually feel pretty good this week and I'm praying my counts are up on Friday, so that I can do chemo on Monday. I'll let you know come Friday.
God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Kathi... I'm a writer who doesn't read. Above al I don't follow blogs. Except yours. I check in with my blog a few times a week and check my 'Dashboard' to see if you have posted anything. I always look forward to hearing more about your journey.

    I have to say, on the days that I really don't feel like writing (too tired, too overworked, too too everything), I think of you and I write. So thank you for writing and for inspiring me to write.

    ~ Stacee

    ReplyDelete