Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Niagara Falls?
I finished #10 and #11 chemo treatments Monday and yesterday. Yesterday was the Cisplatin (4 liters of fluid, 2 straight to the abdomen) which is the booger-bear treatment that seems to bring me down the most. It is also the one that leaves me looking like a pregnant cockroach for several days. But this time all the fluid is coming out fast and furious! Niagara Falls has got nothing on Kathi Hickerson!! Depends have become my best friend today! (and desitin for the after effects!) who would have thunk it?? This is just not cool for a 53 year old or as a friend of mine says 40-13 year old lady, who, believe it or not is somewhat modest. Lately modesty seems to be hiding behind the curtains or under the couch. Pooting is something I have avoided in my life, just not something I find pleasant to discuss or to do, unlike my children who in their younger days would hold contests! Don't mean to gross anyone out but if you have had teenagers (and especially boys) you have had farting contests. Anyway back to me, this fluid in my abdomen tends to change everything inside of me so "the winds" are involuntary and could be embarrassing if I'm not careful and squeezing when I can, but the squeezing brings on Niagara Falls so I can't win for losing! God has a strange sense of humor when it comes to teaching me humility!
I feel my fade coming on but I wanted to update everyone and let you know I'm getting there. Hurley is warming up the foot of my bed and I will crawl over Sampson to lay down for the rest of the day. Update you again when I can. God love you and hope for babbling brooks instead of waterfalls and quiet bowels!

1 comment:

  1. Yes I have to agree Sean could possibly beat you any day ;) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete