Monday, August 23, 2010

Niagara Falls as Not Normal!
Apparently Niagara Falls was not normal. Last Tuesday when we got home and all the fluid poured out, that was not normal. I talked with the nurses in Little Rock on Thursday and they  spoke with Dr. Stone, and said I needed to return to Little Rock on Friday. Which Tim and I did, and spent the entire day having exams and tests run. We got there at 8:30 AM and left the hospital at 6:00PM. We both had our patience tried several times! There is a perforation between my peritoneal cavity and  the vagina cusp. Just an itty bitty hole but enough for all that fluid to find it just like a crack in the dyke! SO, no more peritoneal chemo. I will go up to Little Rock this week and have the peritoneal port removed (which is a good thing). We are switching to another arm of the clinical trial which will administer all chemo through the medi-port in my chest. It also entails changing from the Cisplatin chemo to Carboplatin. Carboplatin is less toxic to my kidneys but more toxic to my blood counts. Doesn't seem like much of a trade-off. This also means we delay chemo for a week or two, and you all know how I feel about that! The little itty bitty tear in the abdomen will hopefully heal on its own. Dr. Stone does not want to compromise the area any more than necessary, I'm good with that!
The last few days have been pretty rough. I can't taste anything and I feel like I have dog hairs and gauze pads on my tongue. Mouth sores are not responding as well to the "MIles Miracle Mouthwash." My blood pressure has been spiking, one time to 180/116 and the only way to keep it down seems to be to lay down and stay off my feet! I'm really tired of being tired and laying down! Can you tell, I have a bad case of the grumpies?? God, please give me patience, I am trying to maintain here!

1 comment:

  1. In our weakest moments God carries us...let Him do the work in you!
    Love you, Sister.

    ReplyDelete